Voltages in a closed circuit
In a closed circuit, the electric current flows and the voltage is
- Different from zero for the battery or electric generator.
- Different from zero for a lamp, a motor, a resistance or a bypass
- Zero for a connecting wire or a closed switch.
Voltages in an open circuit
In an open circuit the electric current does not flow and the tension
- different from zero for a battery or an electric generator.
- Zero across a lamp, a motor, a resistor, a bypass diode or a switch
closed or wire connection.
- Is equal to the Battery's voltage for an open switch or a blocking